Pick 3 Sales in First Day Top $159,000; 479 Players Win Cash Prizes Totaling $49,420
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – November 11, 2005 – The Oklahoma Lottery announced today that its new Pick 3 computerized online game recorded first day sales of $159,694. The winning three-digit number for Thursday’s historic drawing was 8-6-7.
In all, 479 players won $49,420 in cash prizes in yesterday’s inaugural drawing. For correctly picking:
- the three-digit number in exact order (straight), 36 players won cash prizes of $500 each for a total of $18,000;
- the three-digit number in any order (six-way combination box), no player won a cash prize of $160;
- two of the three digits in any order (three-way combination box), 309 players won cash prizes of $80 each for a total of $24,720;
- the first two digits in exact order (front pair), 42 players won cash prizes of $50 each for a total of $2,100;
- the last two digits in exact order (back pair), 92 players won cash prizes of $50 each for a total of $4,600.
Thursday’s Pick 3 launch was the second of the lottery’s three scheduled product launches covering a span of four months. In October, the lottery kicked off sales with the introduction of four instant scratch-off games. Phase three begins in January when Oklahoma joins the multi-state Powerball game.
Pick 3 drawings are televised live every night at 9:10 CST on KOKH-Fox and KOCB-WB in Oklahoma City and on KWBT-WB in Tulsa. Results are also available immediately after each drawing on the lottery’s official website at www.lottery.ok.gov. Additionally, the numbers are distributed to the media for television and radio broadcast as well as printed daily in newspapers throughout the state.
Today, the Pick 3 game is among the more popular lottery games in the U.S. Including Oklahoma, it is sold in 35 U.S. jurisdictions. Aggregate sales were approximately $5.7 billion in Fiscal Year 2005, which is just over 27 percent of total online lottery sales in the U.S.